- Vachon B, Curran JA, Karunananthan S, Brehaut J, Graham I, Moher D, Sales A, Straus S, Fiander M, Paprica A, Grimshaw J. (2021). Changing research culture towards more use of replication research: A narrative review of barriers and enablers. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 129: 21-30.
- Richardson B, Falconer A, Shrestha J, Cassidy C, Campbell-Yeo M, Curran J. (2020). Parent-targeted education regarding infant pain management delivered during the perinatal period: A scoping review. The Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing. 34(1): 56-65.
- Wright J, Curran J, Rose-Davis B, Cellucci T, Duffy C, Tucker L, Batthish M, Huber A, Lang B, Levy D, Rumsey D, Watanabe Duffy K, Stringer E. (2020). Parental perspectives about research and knowledge translation in juvenile idiopathic arthritis. ACR Open Rheumatology. 1-9.
- Karunananthan S, Maxwell LJ, Welch V, Petkovic J, Pardo Pardo.J, Rader T, Avey MT, Baptiste-Ngobi J, Batista R, Curran JA, Tanjong Ghogomu E, Graham D, Grimshaw JM, Ioannidis JPA, Jordan Z, Jull J, Lyddiatt A, Moher D, Petticrew M, Pottie K, Rada G, Shamseer L, Shea B, Siontis K, Tschirhart N, Vachon B, Wells GA, White H, Tugwell P. (2020). When and how to replicate systematic reviews (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 1(2): 1-15.
- Doucet, S., Curran, J., Breneol, S.*, Luke, A., Dionne, E., Azar, R., Reid, A., McKibbon, S., Horsman, A., Binns, K. (2020). Programmes to support transitions in care for children and youth with complex care needs and their families: a scoping review protocol. BMJ Open. 10(6): e033978.
- Lawrence, L.*, Fierlbeck, K., McGrath, P., Curran, J. (2020). An expert-generated tool for assessing policy capacity. Canadian Public Administration. 63(2): 293-317.
- Curran JA, Breneol S*, Vine J. (2020). Improving transition in care for children with complex and medically fragile needs: A mixed methods study. BMC Pediatrics. 20: 1-9.
- Dol J, Richardson B, Bonet M, Langlois E, Parker R, Scott H, Curran J. (2020). Timing of maternal and neonatal mortality and morbidity in healthy women and newborns during the postnatal period: a systematic review protocol. Joanna Briggs Institute Evidence Synthesis. 18(12): 1-15.
- Tricco A, Chaudhry S, Zarin W, Abou-Setta A, Curran J, Clement F, Holmes B, LeBlanc A, Rodin R, Downey M, Straus S. (2020). A model for timely synthesis and sharing of evidence to meet health system decision-maker needs. Advances in Evidence Synthesis: special issue. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 9(Supp 1): 19.
- Curran JA, Cassidy C, Bishop A, Wozney L, Plint A, Ritchie K, Straus S, Wong H, Newton M, Jabbour M, MacPhee S, Breneol S, Burns E, Chorney J, Lawton J, Doyle M, Mackay R, Zemek R, Penney T, Grimshaw J. and PERC (2020). Co-designing discharge communication interventions with healthcare providers, youth and parents for emergency practice settings: EDUCATE study protocol. BMJ Open. 10: 1-9.
- MacCuspic, K., Breneol, S.*, Curran, J. (2020). P062: Characterizing pediatric emergency department discharge communication using PEDICSv2. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 22(S1): S86.
- Vachon B, Curran JA, Karunananthan S, Brehaut J, Graham I, Moher D, Sales A, Straus S, Fiander M, Paprica A, Grimshaw J. (2020). A concept analysis and meta-narrative review established a comprehensive theoretical definition of replication research to improve its use. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 111: 1-9.
- Ozog, N., Steenbeek, A., Curran, J., Kelly, N., Campbell, S. (2020). Attitudes Toward Influenza Vaccination Administration in the Emergence Department Among Patients: A Cross-Sectional Survey. Journal of Emergency Nursing. 46(7): 1-12.
- Ozog N, Steenbeek A, Curran JA, Kelly N, Campbell S. (2020). Attitudes towards influenza vaccination administration in the emergency department among health care providers: A cross sectional survey. Journal of Emergency Nursing. 46(5): 642-653.
- MacEachern, L., Cranley, L., Curran, J., Keefe, J. (2020). The role of motivation in the diffusion of innovations in Canada’slong-term care sector: A qualitative study. Implementation Science Communications. (Accepted)
- Cassidy C, Steenbeek A, Langille D, Martin-Misener R, Curran J. (2019). Designing an intervention to improve sexual health service use among university undergraduate students: a mixed methods study guided by the behaviour change wheel. BMC Public Health. 19: 1734.
- Pan J, Curran JA, Fitzpatrick E, Breneol S, Bennett C, Hurley K. (2019). Interventions to assist parents and caregivers in accurately dosing liquid medications for their children: A scoping review. Drugs and Therapy Perspectives. 35(3): 1-4.
- Curran JA, Gallant A, Zemek R, Newton A, Jabbour M, Chorney J, Murphy A, Hartling L, MacWilliams K, Plint A, MacPhee S, Bishop A, Campbell S. (2019). Discharge communication practices in paediatric emergency care: A systematic review and narrative synthesis. Systematic Review Journal. 8(83): 1-28.
- Squires J, Graham I, Bashir K, Nadalin-Penno L, Lavis J, Francis J, Curran JA, Grimshaw J et al. (2019) Understanding context: A concept analysis. Jurnal of Advanced Nursing. July, 75:1-10.
- Cassidy C*, MacEachern L, Egar J, Best S, Foley L, Rowe MB, Curran JA. (2019). Barriers and enablers to implementing a high-dependency care model in pediatric care: A pre-implementation study. Journal of Nursing Care Quality. 34(4): 370-375.
- Lawrence L*, Bishop A*, Curran JA (2019) Integrated Knowledge Translation with Public Health Policy Makers: A Scoping Review. Healthcare Policy. 14(3):55-77.
- McLuckie A, Landers A, Curran JA, Cann R, Nolan A, Carrey N (2019) A scoping review of mental health prevention and intervention initiatives for infants and preschoolers at risk for socio-emotional difficulties. Systematic Review Journal. 8(183):1-19.
- Breneol S*, King S, Best S, McKibbon S, Curran JA (2019) Respite Care for Children and Youth with Complex Care Needs and their families: A Scoping Review. JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports. 17(7): 1297-1304.
- Squires J, Aloisio L, Grimshaw J, Bashir K, Dorrance K, Coughlin M, Hutchinson A, Francis J, Michie S, Sales A, Brehaut J, Curran JA, Ivers N, Lavis J et al. (2019) Attributes of context relevant to healthcare professionals’ use of research evidence in clinical practice: a multi-study analysis. Implementation Science. 14(52): 1-15.
- Bele S, Cassidy C, Curran JA, Johnson D, Saunders C, Bailey M. (2019). Barriers and enablers to implementing a virtual tertiary-regional Telemedicine Rounding and Consultation (TRaC) model of inpatient pediatric care using the Theoretical Domains Framework (TDF) approach: A study protocol. BMC Health Services Research. 19(29): 1-9.
- Bialy L, Plint A, Freedman S, Johnson D, Curran J, Stang A. (2018). Pediatric Emergency Research Canada (PERC): patient/family-informed research priorities for pediatric emergency medicine. Academic Emergency Medicine Journal. 25: 1-5.
- Osmond M., Klassen T., Wells G., Davidson J, Carrell R, Boutis K, Joubert G., Gouin S., Hangura S., Belanger F., Silver N., Taylor B., Curran JA, Stiell I. (2018). Validation and refinement of a clinical decision rule for the use of computed tomography in children with minor head injury in the emergency department. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 190(27): 816-822.
- Curran JA, Bishop A, Chorney J, MacEachern L, Mackay R. (2018). Partnering with parents to advance child health research. Healthcare Management Forum. 31(2): 45-50
- Stillwell P, Hayden J, Des Rosier P, Harman K, French S, Curran J, Hefford W. (2018). A Qualitative study of Doctors of Chiropractors in a Nova Scotian Practice-Based Research Network: Barriers and Facilitators to the Screening and management of psychosocial factors for patients with low back pain. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics (JMPT). 41(1): 25-33.
- Bishop A*, Curran J. Rose H, McKibbon S,. (2018). Strategies to communicate important patient health information between emergency and primary care settings: a scoping review protocol. Joanna Briggs Institute Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports. 16(6): 1317-1322.
- Crockett LK, Leggett C, Curran JA, Knisley L, Brockman G, Scott SD, Hartling L, Jabbour M, Klassen TP. (2018). Knowledge sharing between general and pediatric emergency departments: connections, barriers and opportunities. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 20: 1-9.
- Stiell IG, Perry JJ, Brehaut J, Brown E, Curran JA, Emond M, Hohl C, Taljaard M, McRae A. (2018). How to conduct implementation trials and multicentre studies in the emergency department. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 20(3): 448-452.
- Isenor J, Minard L, Stewart S, Curran JA, Deal H, Rodrigues G, Sketris I. (2018). Identification of the relationship between barriers and facilitators of pharmacist prescribing and self-reported prescribing activity using the theoretical domains framework. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 14(8): 784-791.
- Jabbour M, Newton A, Johnson D, Curran JA. (2018). Defining barriers and enablers for clinical pathway implementation in complex clinical settings. Implementation Science. 13(1): 139.
- Breneol S*, Hatty A, Bishop A, Curran JA. (2018). Nurse-led discharge in pediatric care: A scoping review. Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 38: 1-8.
- MaRae A, Perry J, Brehaut J, Brown E, Curran J, Edmond H, Hohl C, Taljaard M, Stiell I. (2018). Engaging emergency clinicians in emergency department research. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 20(3).
- Cassidy C**, Steenbeek A, Langille D, Martin-Meisener R. Curran JA. (2018). Sexual health service use among university students in Nova Scotia: A Secondary Analysis. Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality. 26: 1-5.
- Rose-Davis B, Curran J, Wright J, Cellucci T, Duffy C, Tucker L, Batthish M, Huber A, Lang B, Levy D, Rumsey D, Watanabe K, Stringer E. (2018). Factors influencing the uptake of Canadian research findings into the care of children with arthritis: A healthcare provider perspective. The Journal of Rheumatology.
- Cassidy C*, Bishop A, Steenbeek A, Langille D, Martin-Misener R, Curran J. (2018). Barriers and enablers to sexual health service use among university students: a qualitative descriptive study using the Theoretical Domains Framework and COM-B model. BMC Health Services Research. 18(1): 581.
- Nunn J, Cassidy C, Chiasson D, Macphee S, Curran JA. (2017). Meeting patient expectations in the emergency department: preliminary findings from the preparing patients and providers study. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 19: S110.
- Gainer R, Curran JA, Buth K, David J, Legare J, Hirsch G. (2017). Toward optimal decision making among vulnerable patients referred for cardiac surgery: A qualitative analysis of patient and provider perspectives. Medical Decision Making. 37(5): 600-610.
- Curran JA, Taylor* A, Chorney J, Porter S, Murphy A, MacPhee S, Bishop A, Haworth R. (2017). Development and feasibility testing of the Pediatric Emergency Discharge Interaction Coding Scheme (PEDICS). Health Expectations. 4: 734-741.
- Cassidy C*, Steenbeek A, Langille D, Martin-Meisner R, Curran JA. (2017). Development of a Behaviour Change Intervention to Improve Sexual Health Service Use among university undergraduate students: A mixed methods study protocol. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 6(11): e217.
- MacWilliams M, Curran JA, Cloutier P, Racek J, Cappelli M. (2017). Barriers and Facilitators to Implementing the HEADS-ED: A Rapid Screening Tool for Pediatrics Patients in an Emergency Department. Pediatric Emergency Care. 33(12): 774-780.
- Piat M, Sofouli E, Sabetti J, Lambrou A, Chodos H, Briand C, Vachon B, Curran J. (2017). Protocol for a mixed studies systematic review on the implementation of the recovery approach in adult mental health services. BMJ Open. 7(8): 1-7.
- Patey A, Curran JA, Sprague A, Francis J, Driegier M, Legare F, Lemyre L, Pomey M, Grimshaw JM. (2017). Intermittent auscultation versus continuous fetal monitoring: Exploring factors that influence Birthing Unit Nurses' fetal surveillance practice using theoretical domains framework. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 17(1): 320.
- Curran JA, Bishop A, Plint A, MacPhee S, Zemek R, Chorney J, Jabbour M, Porter S, Sawyer S. (2017). Understanding discharge communication behaviours in a paediatric emergency care context: a multimethod observation study protocol. BMC Health Services Research. 17(1): 276.
- Murphy AL, Curran JA, Newton AS, Emberly D, McRae C, MacPhee S. (2017). A scoping review of emergency department discharge instructions for children and adolescents with mental disorders. Pediatric Emergency Care.
- Breneol S*, Belliveau J, Cassidy C, Curran JA. (2017). Strategies to support transitions from Hospital to Home for children with medical complexity: A scoping review. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 72: 91-104.
- Curran JA, Cassidy C, Chiasson D, MacPhee S. Bishop A. (2017). Patient and caregiver expectations of emergency department care: A scoping literature review. International Emergency Nursing. 32:62-69
- Curran JA, Murphy, A; Burns, E; Plint, A; Taljaard, M; MacPhee, S; Fitzpatrick, E; Bishop, A; Chorney, J; Bourque, M. (2016). Essential content for discharge instructions in pediatric emergency care: a Delphi study. Pediatric Emergency Care. 29: 1-8.
- Macdonald M, Martin-Misener R, Helwig M, Smith LJ, Godfrey CM, Curran J, Murphy A. (2016). Experiences of adults with cystic fibrosis in adhering to medication regimens: A qualitative systematic review. Joanna Briggs Institute Database. 14(5): 258-285.
- Hong P, Maguire E, Gorodzinsky AY, Curran JA, Ritchie K, ChorneyJ. (2016). Shared Decision-Making in Pediatric Otolaryngology: Parent, Physician and Observational Perspectives. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 87: 39-43.
- McIsaac JL*, Hernandez K, Kirk S, Curran JA. (2016). Interventions to support system level implementation of Health Promoting Schools: A Scoping Review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 13(2): 1-6.
- Chorney J, Haworth R, Graham ME, Ritchie K, Curran JA, Hong P. (2015). Understanding Shared Decision Making in Pediatric Otolaryngology. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. 152(5): 941-7.
- Cassidy C,* Curran JA, Steenbeek A, Langille D. (2015). Sexual Health Knowledge of University Students: A Scoping Review. Canadian Journal of Nursing Research. 47(3): 18-38.
- Galipeau, James; Pussegoda, Kusala; Stevens, Adrienne; Brehaut, Jamie; Curran, Janet; Forster, Alan; Tierney, Mike; Kwok, Edmund; Worthington, James; Campbell, Samuel; Moher, David. (2015). Effectiveness and safety of short-stay units in the emergency department: a systematic review. Academic Emergency Medicine. 22:893-907.
- Squires J, Graham I, Hutchinson A, Michie S, Francis J, Sales A, Curran JA, Ivers N, Lavis J, Vine J, Grimshaw J. (2015). Identifying the domains of context important to implementation science: a study protocol. Implementation Science. 10(135): 1-9.
- Zed P, Black K, Fitzpatrick F, Ackroyd-Stolarz S, Murphy N, Curran JA, MacKinnon N, Sinclair D. (2015) Medication-Related Emergency Department Visits in Pediatrics: A Prospective Observational Study. Pediatrics 163:2.
- Squires J, Graham I, Hutchinson A, Linklater S, Brehaut J, Curran J et al. (2014) Understanding context in knowledge translation: a concept analysis study protocol. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 19:107.
- Normand JC, Curran JA, Greene R, Nolan A, McLuckie A. (2014). Embedding interventions within Early Child Care Programs for Preschoolers at risk for serious mental health disorders: An evidence to policy realist review. Journal of Systematic Reviews. 3:84.
- Kirk SFL, Price SL, Penny TL, Rehman L, Lyons RF, Piccinini-Vallis H, Vallis TM, Curran J, Aston M. (2014). Blame, Shame and Lack of Support: A Multilevel Study on Obesity Management. Qualitative Health Research. 24(4): 1-11.
- Curran J, Murphy A, Newton M, Zemek R, Hartling L, Plint A, Chorney J, MacPhee S., et al. (2014). Discharge instructions for caregivers in the context of pediatric emergency care: A Narrative Synthesis Protocol. Systematic Review. 3:26.